John has 20 years experience in the UK civil nuclear sector & an in depth knowledge across the NDA estate of nuclear sites. Specialising in Decommissioning John represented AREVA as Business Manager from 2012 until December 2015 and prior to that, James Fisher Nuclear in Business Development. John has a good insight into the new build market. An indentured Mechanical Design Draughtsman & Business Development professional enables John to talk to clients both technically & Commercially. In March 2015 John was elected as Vice Chairman of the Nuclear Industry Association Decommissioing Group (NIA) which is the leading trade association for the nuclear sector.
Key skills include.
- • Accurate upto date Intelligence Gathering & Interpretation
- • Strategic planning & Partnering for bids - including scope negotiation
- • Accurate upto date Competitor Analysis
- • Excellent client network spanning 20 years
- • Bid Reviewing & advice on how to win work in the nuclear sector
BEng CEng MIET
A highly experienced Business Development & Technical Delivery Professional with experience of Senior Management roles in various SME's and FTSE listed businesses. My main roles in the last 15 years have been principally associated with the New Build, Existing Generation and Decommissioning requirements of the UK Nuclear Industry. I served a 4-year Indentured apprenticeship in the Petrochemical industry followed by a formal 4 year Engineering degree and progressed to Engineering, Business Development and Managing Director roles.
The key skills and attributes that I offer include the following;
- • A demonstrable understanding of and development of multiple strategic and tactical business relationships within the Nuclear Supply Chain.
- • Analytical individual having previously composed successful business development strategies and long term partnering ventures within several organisations.
- • 20+ years of experience of converting bids into profitable contracts.
- • Technical background and in depth understanding in the development of formal UK Nuclear design life- cycle documentation, quality management systems and tendering processes.
- • Direct technical and domain knowledge experience of nuclear, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical standards and requirements.